EPF Online Payment – UAN Provident Fund Payment Online through ECR by Employer.
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization provides EPF Online Payment Service for Employers. With help of Unified Portal of EPFO Website, the Employers can generate ECR (Electronic Challan cum Return) and pay the amount towards Provident Fund Contribution to EPFO. There is a rule that All Employers have to pay EPF contribution of company on or before 15th Date of every month.
EPF Online Payment
The EPF Online Payment Service has brought big revolution for Employers as well as Employees across India. Because the Employers are not required to submit Returns with Form No. 5/10, 12A, 3A or 6A while choosing the option of EPF Online Payment through ECR Challan Submission. The Payment of Provident Fund is processed by Net Banking of SBI, Canara Bank etc.
What is ECR in Provident Fund (PF)?
ECR is also known as Electronic Challan cum Return which is compulsory to generate by Employer for processing EPF Online Payment to EPF Organization.
How to Prepare/Create ECR Text File?
The ECR File can be created on “Notepad” in your Computer. The Employer must remember that ECR File should contain eleven (11) columns/fields. Each column is separated from other with this symbol “#~#”. The details are given below_
- UAN (Universal Account Number)
- Member Name
- Gross Wages
- EPF Wages
- EPS Wages
- EDLI Wages
- EPF Contribution Remitted
- EPS Contribution Remitted
- EPF EPS Difference Remitted
- NCP Days
- Refund of Advances
The ECR Text File, in prescribed format as given above, will appear as displayed below:
In order to pay EPF Online Payment, the Employers need to log on to EPF Unified Portal and refer the essential points given below_
- Employer Registration on e-Sewa Unified Portal.
- Employer Login to EPFO Unified Portal.
- ECR (Electronic Challan cum Return).
- Creating and Uploading of ECR Text File.
- Validation of ECR Text File.
- ECR Verification and Issuance of TRRN (Temporary Return Reference Number).
- Preparation of ECR Online.
- Finalize the ECR Challan.
- Proceed to Payment of EPF through Online Internet Banking.
Employer Registration for EPF Online Payment on Unified Portal
The Employer must register on Unified Portal with UAN Number to use all facilities and services provided by EPFO.
The procedure of Employer Registration is as under_
- Log on to official website at unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in.
- Find out ONLINE SERVICES for Employers and select the link Online ECR / Challan Submission.
- Navigate to Important Links section and click on Application Form Employer Registration.
- Tick the box I have read the Instructions Manual completely and click on Register button to begin
- Enter your Name, Employer PAN, Mobile Number and other personal details asked on Registration Page.
- Finally enter PIN received on your Mobile Number for verification purpose.
- Click on Register button to complete your Online Registration Process.
- Save and Note down your User Name and Password for reference.
Process for Employer to generate ECR Challan, TRRN Number
- Visit EPFO Unified Portal at unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in.
- Select Online ECR/Challan Submission under For Employers head.
- Navigate to Login section and click on Employer Sign In.
- Enter your User Name and Password as asked.
- Click on Sign In button to login to your account.
- Check Employer Profile on side before going forward.
- Move the cursor towards Payments tab and select ECR (UPLOAD).
- Checkout ECR Help File to know how to prepare ECR Text File.
- Create ECR Text File as per guidelines given on top of the article.
- Upload ECR File, choose File Type i.e. ECR or Arrear.
- Provide Contribution Rate and Remarks.
- Then click on Upload button proceed.
- Checkout whether File Validation is Successful.
- Select recently uploaded file in Draft ECR’s.
- Click on Verify button to request for Verification.
- As the ECR is verified, the TRRN Number will be generated.
- Go to In Process ECR’s section and click on Prepare Challan button.
- Enter Admin/Inspection Charges for A/C No.2 & 22 and EDIT EDLI Contribution for A/C No.21.
- Finally click on Generate Challan button.
- Now go to Draft Challan List and click on Finalize symbol.
After generation of Temporary Return Reference Number (TRRN) on website, the Employer will have make payment of EPF within 15 upcoming days. In case the Employer fails to complete the EPF Online Payment or Provident Fund Payment Process within fifteen days, the TRRN Number will be automatically expired. Thereafter, the Employer must re-generate the ECR Challan and request for new TRRN Number on EPFO Unified Portal.
The Finalized ECR Challan will look like below_
In order to process EPF Online Payment, the Employer must has Internet Banking Registration of one of the following bank names:
- Allahabad Bank
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- State Bank of India
- Union Bank of India
In case the Employer does not have Internet Banking from any bank, the EPF Online Payment facility can NOT be accessed. The Payment Process is quite easy and simple for the Employer. Because the transaction is similar to any other payment through Internet Banking i.e. the EPF Amount is transferred from Employer’s Bank Account (Business/Company Account) to EPF Organization’s Account.
EPF Online Payment by Employer:
- After finalizing the ECR Challan, go to In Process Challan List.
- Move towards Payment column and select Pay button.
- Select Payment Mode as Online (Internet Banking).
- Choose your Bank Name from the list available.
- Then click on Continue button to proceed to Online Banking Portal.
- Login with your Internet Banking User ID and Password.
- Search and Select Payment/Transfer option.
- Select the Pay EPF option and click on the link of recently generated TRRN Number.
- Give Final Confirmation of EPF Payment to proceed.
- Make Online Payment of Provident Fund towards EPF Organization.
- Save Payment Receipt for record.
- Logout from Internet Banking Website and EPFO Unified Portal.
Please check EPFO Unified Portal: @unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in for more information regarding EPF Online Payment.